Friday, May 2, 2014

The Past

It was the morning the wind howled and
stammered at the windows, shook the panes
in their frames and clashed our giant
wind chimes in the back yard with an
unsettled fury.

The past can be like the wind, invisible
to the naked eye yet if I let myself, am
tossed around like the angry discordant
wind chimes.  The world breaths in the
past with such effort and lets it out
                    pell
                    mell.

I used to sit in the eye of the storm of it
slitted suspicious eyes gloating over
past wrongs but now

I move forward and in the effort of it
feel that wind toss around the garbage
at my back as the clearest sun the world
has ever seen shines brightly with
the heat of a million dreams clamoring
inside my skull waiting to get out.

- - - - - - - - -

1 comment: