Friday, September 12, 2014

Sketches - 23 (September 6th, 2014)

23.

My wife Ashley figures out her
plant business from the
dim down late day
           kitchen.

Musicians will come over
and play tonight - The Baberaham
                                    Lincolns
and I take whatever I've learned
from past dark shuffles in
the corners and stages of
full and empty bars and
night clubs I've played in

      (in these times a full or empty
           room makes no difference -
               maybe it never did)

until I have to raise up the whole
blessed thing from scratch and
start the process over
        again and again and again
to make it fall the right way.

More work follows to the point
where I can only judge myself by
how well I survive the
          angry swelling currents
          of this unknown belligerent
          sea.

Such is being an American artist
in 2014.

(September 6th, 2014)

- - - - - - - - -  

No comments:

Post a Comment