Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The May King

Sitting in the pleasant May-shade of back
yard pulling at my tobacco pipe
watching my wife explain the plants to the
                      kids.


The early afternoon sunshine sparkles and
glows off of everything.  I’m sitting here thinking
about deals made in far away distances
when all I did was nod with the pen and
a few chords.  Set some wheels in motion
on the streets of vast desert town
Albuquerque (not the first time I did
this) and children sneeze and wine
at my back, now out on the back porch
as distant sirens wail and echo
through the soft sun streets of May.


The dumbest of politicians have stolen the
required seats over this vast Nebraska
throttle.  The drama of the neighborhood
is quieted down, at least this evening.
I just had time enough for small shut eye
on the living room couch.  Now
awakening to dixie-cup coffee, pen and
paper, a strange pale wind and thousands
of chalky wiry chirps of various birds
in the waving tree tops.


- - - - - - - - - -

(May 8th, 2014)












No comments:

Post a Comment