Monday, August 25, 2014

Sketches - 10 (August 17th, 2014)

10.

I keep seeing shapes of people
where there are none.

The shapes flit around peripherally -
       I glance in that
       direction and the form
       is gone

and I consider - - -
       what’s real and unreal.

Flitting carousing figure past the backyard window
and a strange deja vu grips
whatever in me is sensitive
to such things - meanwhile,
          ‘I’m a rattle snakin’
                       daddy’
           sayeth the blues man.

He sings it like silk in some plain nondescript room.
I imagine the wallpaper is crimped, bubbled,
and trembles slightly in an open-door breeze.

Folks, music-folks are gathering
at the Sunday ramshackle house.
Dark alley entrance huffing cars
and oblique flavor of my pipe
ash ploofing into mouth and spit
it out by the back load-in door.

It makes us weep and moan,

ain’t nothing but a hound dog
             sniffin’ sniffin’
               at the door’

(August 17th, 2014)
- - - - - - -
     

No comments:

Post a Comment